Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Running Gear

Running, for the most part, is a rather inexpensive form of cardio. Of course, there are some high tech gadgets that can run you a pretty penny, but you don't need them if you're just hitting the pavement for simple exercise. The gadgets come in handy when you want to monitor your speed, heart rate, distance, etc. Below is a list of gear that I currently use:

1) Shoes: Kayano 13. These shoes are build for those who roll their feet more inwards...or something. I should probably know. When buying shoes, you should go to a shoe store that actually films you running on a treadmill and can give you shoe recommendations for your foot type. If you get the wrong type of shoe, it can cause you injury.






2) Socks: Nike Dri Fit: These socks are great because they are only 7% cotton and have a full length of padding.











3) Running shorts: Nike Dri-FIT Men's: These shorts have a built in mesh that keeps everything in place. It's a very soft mesh and doesn't irritate like swimming shorts. The shorts are made of a very light fabric. In addition, the shorts have full pockets and a tiny pocket to hold your keys or iPod.









4) Heart rate monitor/ Stop watch: Polar FS1 Heart Rate Monitor: I used to use this to monitor my heart rate but did not find the chest strap to always work, so now I just use the watch as a timer to see how long I run.











5) iPod Mini: For the time being, I can't run without my music player.














6) Duct tape: I know, it seems unusual, but I have a serious issue with blisters forming on the arch of my feet. Duct tape has completely solved this issue. I never run without taping my arch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment